What a political mess Milliband (E) and Cameron have left!
Who is running the Parliamentary shop now?
• Labour is in meltdown - will Dave 2 (eg Milliband) appear as a deus ex machina?
• Will Jezza defect to Moscow? The Trots are taking over....
• Lib Dems - sorry... Who??
• UKIP – job done and despite their 4.1 million votes at the last GE no influence at Westminster.
• SNP – well Nicola is doing her best to stir things up and to be fair given how the Scots voted you can see her reasons. But with oil at $50 max foreseeably, why would they abandon their Westminster safety net? And Hollande says he won’t deal with the Scots direct
• Greens- mmm .... Not sure I saw any meaningful Brexit stuff from them. So who are they aligned to anyway??
Which leaves us the bruised and battered Cons.
• Dave and George are now toast.
• Theresa remains steely eyed but mostly silent, perched on her Christian Louboutin designer heels. Can you remember any major policy statement from her ever?
• And so to Boris, who at least 60 odd Tory MP’S ( I am told) are determined to thwart in his leadership bid. Could he unite the Tories or has he got too many personal flaws? Peter Oborne (Daily Mail politico) thinks he is much savvier than his public buffoonish image and can in fact delegate. Hints of marmite though here?
Throw in all the other complications and emerging unease around Europe and it’s a right old kettle of fish.
Pedro’s crystal ball....
• Boris shafted - Theresa gets the nod, snap election in Spring 2017, forms new UK Centrist Party with Dave M +SNP + a dwindling band of disaffected UKIPpers.
• Nigel appointed Court Jester, Brussels (with or without portfolio)
• Merkel becomes first officially elected Euro President
• President Marine Le Pen removes French citizenship from Hollande and Sarko
• Lord Johnson of Foulness becomes UK’s Euro commissar
• Europe proper recharges itself from its core base as the UK forges ahead globally
• Portugal, Greece, other fringe Euro players relegated to Div 2
• Wales votes for independence. N Ireland gets devo max.
• Business and commonsense ultimately prevail as Brussels morphs into a Centre for European Cultural Projects (CECP) to encourage greater understanding of all our values and traditions
• QE2 celebrates her 100th birthday and Engerland (sic) wins the World Cup.
Pedro the Jester
PS Does Brexit mean that we don’t have to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest any more?? Now that would be a result....